Welcome to Auntie Karen’s Corner!
I first stepped onto this platform back in 2009, with this blog and my more personal diary blogs "Canadian Soldier's Wife" and "Homeschool Days". While my recipes and money-saving tips aren't going anywhere, this space is growing up right alongside my not-so-little kids. If you’ve been around for a while (I appreciate all 7 of you!), you might remember when I launched this space as Champagne Taste, Beer Budget - a title inspired by a comment from my mom about my preferences at the time.
Likewise, this rebrand is inspired by comments from my community. Lately I have been called "the mom of our mom’s group," and the neighborhood "anti-Karen", and more and more I find myself being a "bonus mom" or "auntie" to my kids' friends and to younger moms just starting out on their parenting and homeschooling journeys. Late-night rambling thoughts (thank you, perimenopause) brought me to the idea of using a bit of word play and "Anti Karen" became "Auntie Karen", and, well, here we are.
The recipes and money-saving ideas I have shared over the years aren't going anywhere, but you'll see a little more personal content and reflections from 21 years of parenting,16 years of homeschooling, and a 6-year interlude as a military wife. I hope to share lots of nuggets of encouragement, faith and inspiration, and probably plenty of random thoughts seasoned with a bit of humor from my perspective as a late Gen-Xer (or have we accepted the Xennial label now?)
Disclosure: There will also still be be occasional affiliate links for books or products that I have found genuinely helpful, or ads, but I will not be spammy. Just trying to keep the lights on around here! I hope you'll stick around, and come find me on Instagram, too.
Love you!


I look forward to following along! The vintage, budget friendly recipes really catch my eye!
ReplyDelete