Wednesday, July 22, 2026

"Stuff"

This was a photocopied article that I found among my grandmother's various clippings and odd things that she had saved.  Now it's among my "stuff"... 


Every Fall I start stirring in my stuff. There is closet stuff, drawer stuff, attic stuff and basement stuff. I separate the good stuff from the bad stuff then I stuff the bad stuff anywhere the stuff is not too crowded until I decide if I will need the bad stuff.

When the Lord calls me home, my children will want the good stuff, but the bad stuff, stuffed wherever there is room among all the other stuff, will be stuffed in bags and taken to the dump where all the other people's stuff has been taken.

Whenever we have company they always bring bags and bags of stuff. When I visit my son, he always moves his stuff so I will have room for my stuff. My daughter-in-law always clears a drawer of her stuff so I will have room for my stuff. Their stuff and my stuff... it would be so much easier to use their stuff and leave my stuff at home with the rest of my stuff.

This Fall I had an extra closet built so I could have a place for all the stuff too good to throw away and too bad to keep with my good stuff. You may not have this problem, but I seem to spend a lot of time with stuff... food stuff, cleaning stuff, medicine stuff, clothes stuff and outside stuff. Whatever would life be like if we didn't have all this stuff?

Now there is all that stuff we used to make us smell better than we do. There is stuff to make us look younger. Stuff to make us healthier. Stuff to hold us in, stuff to fill us out. There is stuff to read, stuff to play with, stuff to entertain us and stuff to eat. We stuff ourselves with the food stuff.

Our lives are filled with stuff... good stuff, bad stuff, little stuff, big stuff, useful stuff, junky stuff, and everyone's stuff. When we leave all our stuff and go to heaven, whatever happens to our stuff won't matter. We'll still have the good old stuff God has prepared for us in heaven.




No comments:

Post a Comment